This fort on the Danube river was constructed by the Turks in 1524. They named it Fetislam, which means ‘the victory of Islam’. It had two parts – the Small town and the Big town. As it is presumed, the Small town was an artillery base protected by circular towers. The gates leading to the fort had marble plates installed on them which honored the Sultan Mahmud II. The fort also included an open-air amphitheater, while near the fort there was a sports center with a complex used for recreational and professional sports.
|LATITUDE / LONGITUDE||44.618724 / 22.596446|